• info@bstefoundation.org
  • 07030201998, 08037354491

Father Recounts How Three-Year-Old Son Was Sold For N1.5Million In Lagos, Trafficked To Anambra; CCTV Exposes Neighbour

Father Recounts How Three-Year-Old Son Was Sold For N1.5Million In Lagos, Trafficked To Anambra; CCTV Exposes Neighbour

February 4, 2026 | News

A three-year-old boy, Ibrahim Owoduni, was abducted while playing outside his family home in Iba New Site, Iyana Iba area of Lagos State, and later trafficked to Anambra State after being sold for ₦1.5 million, SaharaReporters has learned.

Speaking with SaharaReporters on Tuesday evening, the child’s father, Ahmed Owoduni, said Ibrahim went missing on January 17, 2026, from their residence at 13 Orji Street, Iba New Site, Iyana Iba, Lagos.

Owoduni said the disappearance was immediately reported at the Adolf Police Station, Iba New Site, while family members and neighbours circulated missing-person announcements on Facebook and other social media platforms.

“We promptly reported at the police station at Adolf, Iba New Site. Announcements were made on Facebook and other social media,” he said.

A major breakthrough came on Saturday, January 24, 2026, when Owoduni approached a neighbour who had CCTV cameras covering the street.

“He told me to come with the police to watch the footage. I did. The footage showed one Sadiq Ige, who lived at 23 Orji Street, going away with my son, Ibrahim,” Owoduni explained.

He added that other children playing outside had earlier told the family that Ige bought biscuits for Ibrahim on the day he went missing.

“We challenged Sadiq, but he denied knowing the whereabouts of the child, though he admitted buying biscuits for him. He even joined us in searching for the child—unknown to us that he had actually kidnapped Ibrahim,” Owoduni said.

Following the CCTV evidence, Sadiq Ige was arrested on Thursday, January 24, 2026, at Adolf Police Station and later transferred to the Lagos State Criminal Investigation Department (CID), Panti, Yaba, on Monday, January 26, 2026.

“On Monday, January 26, 2026, Sadiq Ige was transferred to Panti. The case is being handled in D7,” Owoduni stated.

At Panti, Ige reportedly confessed to handing the child over to another resident on the same street.

“Sadiq Ige confessed that he handed over the boy to one Adetayo Yusuf, also of 23 Orji Street, Eleda, Iba New Site,” Owoduni said.

The confession led to the arrest of Adetayo Yusuf and a woman identified as Vera Okon, who allegedly played a central role in the trafficking.

According to Owoduni, Vera Okon confessed to selling Ibrahim for ₦1.5 million and transporting him to Anambra State.

“Vera Okon confessed to selling the boy and taking him to a village in Akwa, Ihiala Local Government Area of Anambra State, on January 25, 2026, and that she returned the following day,” he said.

Owoduni further disclosed that police asked him to provide a vehicle to accompany officers and the suspect to Anambra State to retrieve his son.

“I hired a bus for ₦500,000. They took off on Thursday, January 29, 2026. I was monitoring events through phone calls,” he explained.

He said the police team encountered procedural delays upon arrival and had to return to complete documentation before proceeding.

“By the time they returned to the village, it was late, so they kept the suspect in the cell of the local police station,” he added.

The following day, efforts were reportedly made to locate the child and the alleged buyer. However, on Saturday, January 31, 2026, the police team returned to Lagos without Ibrahim or the buyer.

Owoduni quoted the driver who conveyed the team as describing the village as unsafe.

“The driver said the village was a ‘no-enter area’ and that child kidnapping was a regular business there. He said Vera Okon was not straightforward,” Owoduni alleged.

According to him, the driver said Vera Okon attempted to contact the buyer, who refused to answer her calls.

“The buyer later picked a call made from the driver’s phone and told them he was aware the police were looking for him and that he was not available for arrest,” Owoduni said.

The father also alleged possible compromise by a police officer at the station where Ige was initially detained.

“It was gathered that a police officer, popularly known as Small, at Iba New Site allegedly communicated with Ige in the cell, telling him his people would get him a lawyer and that he should remain calm. The officer has been requested to appear at Panti for interrogation,” he said.

Despite his ordeal, Owoduni commended some officers handling the case.

“The head of the team, CSP Musa Arigu, is doing excellent work with genuine fatherly empathy. The IPO is ASP Alonge. I also appreciate the concern and empathy shown by CSP Lawal Hakeem Saudi,” he said.

As of Wednesday morning, Ibrahim remains missing, while three suspects—Sadiq Ige, Adetayo Yusuf, and Vera Okon—are in police custody.

The family has appealed to security agencies to intensify efforts to rescue the child and dismantle what appears to be a child trafficking network operating across state lines.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *